Texas DOT Number Overview
Companies that operate commercial motor vehicles who pick up loads in Texas and drop off those same loads in Texas are required to have a Texas DOT Number.
You are required to have a Texas DOT Number if you:
- Operate a vehicle designed or used to transport cargo with a gross vehicle weight, registered weight or gross vehicle weight rating greater than 26,000 pounds
- Transport hazardous materials in Texas that require placarding
- Operate a vehicle in Texas designed to transport more than 15 passengers (including the driver)
- Transport household goods on a for-hire basis, regardless of vehicle weight
- Operate a commercial motor vehicle that is owned or controlled by a person or entity that is domiciled in or the citizen of a country other than the United States
Take The Guessing Out Of The Process
Give us a call and we’ll spend the time to answer your questions to help you obtain your Texas DOT number. First, we’ll make sure you truly need one, we value you as a client and we don’t want you to pay for something if you don’t need it. Working with us will turn a difficult process into a quick and simple transaction. We’ll do everything we can to make sure you are happy with the service we provide; your success is our main goal.