We’ll make getting your Texas DOT Number, also known as a Texas DMV Number, simple, just give us a call at (866) 736-6507 and we’ll customize a game plan for you to help ensure you are getting exactly what you need to operate legally in Texas.
Companies that operate commercial motor vehicles who pickup loads in Texas and then drop off those same loads in Texas are required to have a TX DOT Number.
If the above applies, you are required to have a Texas DOT Number if you:
- Operate a vehicle designed or used to transport cargo with a gross vehicle weight, registered weight or gross vehicle weight rating greater than 26,000 pounds
- Transport hazardous materials in Texas that require placarding
- Operate a vehicle in Texas designed to transport more than 15 passengers (including the driver)
- Transport household goods on a for-hire basis, regardless of vehicle weight
- Operate a commercial motor vehicle that is owned or controlled by a person or entity that is domiciled in or the citizen of a country other than the United States
You can also learn more about getting the right operating authority in episode 3 of our podcast Haulin Assets. Definitely give it a listen if you have questions about starting your own trucking company.
We’ll Make The Complicated Texas DOT Process Simple
Give us a call and we’ll spend all the time you want answering your questions to help you get your Texas DOT number. First, we’ll make sure you truly need one, we want to have you as a long-term client so won’t try to get you to pay for something you don’t need. A little bit of time with us and we can turn a difficult to understand process into a quick and simple transaction. We’ll do everything we can to make sure you are happy with the service we provide, your best interest is our goal.